The increase in the production of consumer goods results in damage to the natural environment What are the causes of this What can be done to solve this problem

The increase in the production of consumer goods results in damage to the natural environment. What are the causes of this? What can be done to solve this problem?

The rise of consumer goods manufacturing leads to detrimental impacts on the environment due to the increase in disposable goods and air pollution. Nevertheless, individuals and governments can take measures to improve the situation.

Firstly, the demand for transporting will definitely be on a rise as a result of manufactures dispatching goods to retail establishments. Consequently, this will cause more carbon dioxide emissions and bring the air environment into danger. Secondly, more single-use products are introduced to accommodate customer’s needs. The appearance of these non-biodegradable goods will be a threat to the living habitats of all creatures because it will remain as waste for thousands of years. For example, it is estimated that only ⅓ of all plastics are recycled globally which means the remaining ⅔’s are tossed into bins destined for landfill.

Actions of both individuals and government must be taken as soon as possible to minimize the negative impacts on the environment arising from the increasing amount of consumer goods. Each person should attempt to reduce unnecessary consumption and change the behavior by using more eco-friendly materials. For example, people should have broken items repaired rather than replacing them with new ones. If demands for customer goods reduce, the decline in supply will take place and slow down the production of consumer merchandise as a result giving the companies more time to decompose waste. Moreover, national authorities should implement policies that force manufacturing energy-saving equipment. For instance, many states in the US offer tax breaks and incentives for businesses using renewable energy, and some firms are even allowed to purchase green energy at cheaper prices than traditional fossil fuels.

In conclusion, the expansion of consumer goods production inevitably results in environmental degradation on account of the two main reasons mentioned above. Nonetheless, governments and each person must join hands to make the production lines more environmentally friendly by switching to greener materials.