The table below shows the amount of waste production in millions of tonnes in six different countries over a twenty year period

The table below shows the amount of waste production (in millions of tonnes) in six different countries over a twenty-year period.

The table compares the quantity in terms of waste produced by six countries in three separate years.
In all, America tends to possess the highest amount of garbage over the years shown, followed by Japan, while Ireland and Portugal are both less in amount. During the period, most of the countries show an increasing tendency, apart from Korea.
In 2000, the figure of US is raised to a peak of 192 million of tones, which is approximately four times as the number of Japan, ranked second, a relatively surprising 53 million of tones. This year also saw dramatic rises of the mentioned data in these two countries when comparing with the same statistics two decades before, with increments of 61 and 25 respectively. However, the year also accompanies a fall in Korea as 12 million tonnes, much lower than 31 million tonnes in 1990. By contrast, the total number of Poland and Portugal remained unchanged since 1980, both around 2 to 6 million tonnes over thirty years, well behind the figures for those three countries mentioned above.