The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

This chart summarizes the various categories of individuals living in poverty in Australia in 1999.
In all, almost two million households lived in poverty, accounting for 11% of the population. A significant percentage of those in poverty are single without children, whereas those with children are almost twice the proportion of all household members.
Individuals who live in a pair, even with children, are preferable to single people and single parents. Couples with children have a higher rate of poverty than couples without children, at 7% and 12%, respectively.
Notable in this table is the decrease in the number of elderly individuals experiencing poverty. Senior citizens who live in poverty as a couple account for 4% of the population, while lone seniors account for 6%.
The overall picture indicates that single parents are more likely to be poor than single adults. Additionally, individuals who live in couples experience less poverty than others.