You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The diagram below shows the stages and equipment used in the cement making process and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the mai

» You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The diagram below shows the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
» You should write at least 150 words.

The diagrams illustrate the whole process from making cement to producing concrete for building purposes.

Overall, the steps of cement production were much more higher and complicated compared to concrete manufacture. it is clear that cement is one of the ingredients of concrete.

Looking at the process of produncing cement, the first step starts with limestone and clay. then both materials are poured down into a crasher to transform into powder. After that, it is led to a mixer and then a rotating heater with high temperature inside. At the end, the mixture is spreaded out on the grinder before being packed in bags.

Regarding concrete production, there are only 2 steps in the process. Firstly, all of the ingredients such as cement, water, sand and small tones are prepared. Gravel acoounts for the highest proportion, at 50%, followed by 25% of sand while cement and water made up for a quarter of concrete. Secondly, all sources are added into a concrete mixer and rotate clockwise in a certain amount of time to produce standard concrete used in building.