Write a letter to your manager to tell him her about some company documents that you lost while traveling with them Please say What were the documents Where and when did you travel with them Suggest a solution for this situation

Write a letter to your manager to tell him/her about some company documents that you lost while traveling with them. Please say
– What were the documents?
– Where and when did you travel with them?
– Suggest a solution for this situation.

Dear Mr. Wilson,

I am writing to apologize for the loss of few company documents and let you that I am taking ownership of the same.

Last weekend while traveling back to my hometown, I carried the sales file of last quarter to complete the pending bit of report. I had completed it in my stay over the weekend as well but somehow while traveling back the bag which was carrying the file got misplaced with other passengers and I lost it.

However, I have generated the online quarterly report which is a gist of the whole content present in that file. Please allow me to suggest few solutions for overcoming this loss. Firstly, I have already lodged a lost report with the transport authority and they will get back to me if they find it. Secondly, I think we should send the online sales report to higher management as it will not only resolve our issue but also it is easy to understand.

Once again I am extremely sorry for the loss and I take complete responsibility.

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,
Deepali