You are currently taking a course at a college but you will need to have a week off during this course Write a letter to the college Principal In the letter give details of your course explain why you need a week off say what you want the Principal to do

You are currently taking a course at a college but you will need to have a week off during this course.
Write a letter to the college Principal. In the letter
• give details of your course
• explain why you need a week off
• say what you want the Principal to do.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am an international student in my second year of the Computer Science course at the college. My tutor is Mr Johnson, and I am a full-time student, living in the college residence.
I am writing to request a week's leave from the college next month. My cousin's wedding is taking place in my home country and my family expect me to be there. Although this will mean that I have to miss lectures for a week, I can arrange for one of my friends on the course to give me any notes concerning what I have missed.
I would be grateful if you would give me permission to be absent for the week beginning 25th May. If you are kind enough to allow me to do this, I will speak to Mr Johnson and arrange to make up for any work that I did not do while I was away.
Yours faithfully,
Jonah Smith