You are a student in a college and have not yet completed an important assignment for your course You are writing a letter to your tutor Apologize for the delay Explain why it is late Request an extension

You are a student in a college and have not yet completed an important assignment for your course. You are writing a letter to your tutor
Apologize for the delay
Explain why it is late
Request an extension

Dear sir,
I am writing this letter with regards to delay in submitting my maths assignment given during the summer vacation. I feel very sorry that I am unable to finish ontime, I have completed all other assignments and was expecting to complete the maths last week but this was not the case as I became sick.

I got fever and was admitted to hospital whole last week and unable to do any work. The doctor has suggested not to stress and take rest as the symptoms of the fever were due to high stress. Hence I had no choice but follow his advice, due to which I was not able to finish the assignment you gave us during the holidays.

Considering the above reason, I urge you to extend the deadline for my assignment submission by a week's time. I hope you would understand my situation and do the needful. I have attached a copy of my medical records which would provide the detailed information of my hospitailisation.

Thanking youn in Advance.

Yours sincerely,
Anil Reddy M