Currently there is a trend towards the use of alternative medicine. However, at best these methods are ineffective, and at worst they may be dangerous.To what extend do you agree with this statement?

Currently there is a trend towards the use of alternative medicine. However, at best these methods are ineffective, and at worst they may be dangerous.
To what extend do you agree with this statement?

Recently, traditional medicine had become a new trend in some countries. The existence was able to replace medical treatment. It is still being a hot topic in academic discourse. Many believe that traditional medicine is not as effective as medical. Meanwhile, according the current trend, its devotee tends to increase by the time.

The lifestyle change due to modernization is followed by more extra ordinary disease. Some study shows that cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes are the most dead-causing disease in modern society. Meanwhile many people don’t satisfy when they get medical treatment from doctor. Therefore they begin to try alternative medicine.

In academic studies especially medical discourse, traditional medicine is still considered as an illegal practice by some doctor and specialist. They assume there are no evidence-based in traditional medicine so it may not be applied in therapy. Because there are no scientific explanations, it is difficult to trace when there are therapy-related problem. That may be dangerous for patient. Some studies show that drug-related problem was the main cause leading medication error.

Another reason, traditional medicine is sometimes to be misused. In some fact, it is mixed by synthetic medicine. Some patients are often being persuaded with advertisement promising instant effect of drug. Whereas the common effect of traditional medicine is not instant. Therefore, it is risky to be used by patient.

Thus, this issue is still being a controversy. While traditional medicine doesn’t have scientific based, it will be risky for patient to use. In this way, many people will be ill because of improper therapy.