In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. To what extent do you agree or disagree wi

In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

The number of people who face many health issues is growing in different countries in our world today. One of the major reasons is eating what is called junk food by an excessive way. Therefore, some people claim that imposing taxes on this type of food is vital to reduce consuming it. I agree taxes could be an effective solution but I believe we should not depend on taxes alone to tackle this issue.

Firstly, it is obvious that eating fast food has been responsible of many health issues in recent years such as diabetes and obecity. Consequently, I think taxes could make people start to care more about eating healthy food when they compare its price with unhealthy one. In addition, resturants which sell this kind of unhealthy food will begin to offer other types of food which will be healthier and has more profit at the same time. As a result, consuming harmful food would decrease eventually.

However, in my opinion, we cannot consider taxes or fines as a magic solution for this problem, which threaten people health severely, because many people enjoy eating this kind of food and do not care about how much they would pay for it. For example, most countries have high taxes on cigarates but people still buy them. Thus, we need to tackle this issue not only by taxes, but also by making campaigns to increase people understanding about how harmful junk food is on their health.

In conclusion, eating junk food is a serious problem because it leads to many dangerous health issues, so governments should face it by imposing taxes and awareness campaigns