Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local custos and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both this views dan give your opinion.

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local custos and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.
Discuss both this views dan give your opinion.

As the improvement of science and technology, nowadays it is easier to travel to different countries. People who travels a lot will generally knows that each country has different cultures. Some people believe that visitors should respect local cultures, some also said that the local people should welcome different cultures.

In one side, it is very important to the tourists to follow the local culture, such as obeying the rules or do simple act like immitating their way of greeting. As an example, an area called Kajang in South Sulawesi Province in Indonesia have their own rules of living. The most significant one is how they dressed. The inhabitant of Kajang must use black colour suits in any occasion, everyday of their live. This rule applicable as well as to the visitors. There will be a punishment for them who disobeyed this rule.

On the other hand, some people believe that in this globalization era, the host country should welcome cultural differences. To illustrate, the citizens in Bali are get used with tourists who came to their land through the years. Most of them came from Australia, and as time goes by, the local people have accustomed with the tourists.

In my opinion, eventough one country welcoming cultural differences, it is very important for a visitor to look upon the native culture. Travelling is generally the quickest way to influencing cultures. By following and respecting other culture, travellers can learn new things and may share some of theirs as well. It is a better way to do travelling and will become a benefit also. In conclusion, it is important to put some understanding and respect to other's culture.