Prevention is better that cure.Out of a country's helath budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Prevention is better that cure.
Out of a country's helath budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Health is considered as most important problem in every country. The Human development Index of a country are depend of the healthiness of its people. Thus, most country spent a lot of budget on their health sector. However, The use of money were spent on treatment the most, whilst it is generally believed that prevention is better than cure.

I strongly agreed that government should spend more money to preventative measures rather than treatment measures. The first thing to consider that Indonesia spent million dollars to purchase medicines and hospital necessities. However, this action unfortunately did not followed by the efforts to fixing and maintaining the local environment to live a healthy life. To illustrate, Indonesia is one of the highest rate countries with the dengue fever patients. The dengue fever were caused by the Aides Aigepty mosquito that have injected the human body. In fact, there are lots of residential area, especially in suburban area that lack of clean water and did not have proper place for home-waste. As a result, people there live under filthy environment.

Despite spending huge budget for curing dengue fever, it would be better if the government spend on residential area reclamation so it would become cleaner and liveable. Moreover, government were expected to provide clean water for their people since water are the main source of life.

Secondly, providing health education also counted as required measure. It is better if children on elementary school are taught how to live a healthy life and to understand which are the good or bad habit for their health.