Some people that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome culture differences.Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

Some people that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome culture differences.
Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

We are living in different and multiciltural world. Each country has its own custom and behaviour and even the behaviour and the custom in each region in one country is still different. Sometimes, the culture differences become major problem to welcome the foreign visitors from other countries in one country. Different languages, different custom may lead different way of understanding. Therefore to overcome the problem, the foreign visitors should learn the desired country’s behaviours in order for them to adapt well and ease them to interact with local people.

Before departing to other countries, the foreign visitor must at least know some cultural differences between his country and the destination country by reading articles, books or journals. For instance for someone from Indonesia who will travel to England, he should at least master its language, but it will be different if he travels to Germany because the German people are not really welcome English language as a medium of interaction, only for people that understand German that will adapt well with the people. He can not push the people to learn English but he should push himself to learn German.

On the other hand, western country is definitely different with eastern country. For instance it is awkward to see a couple kissing in public place in Malaysia but it is commonly happened in America. So, the visitors from America should know before landing in Malaysia unless they will have trouble with the local people.

To sum up, I believe that visitors from other countries should follow local customs and behaviour by reading some books, articles and journals about the host country in order to survive and adapt well with the people.