The best way for the government to solve traffic congestion is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day and 7 days a week To what extent do you agree or disagree

The best way for the government to solve traffic congestion is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In some developing countries, the traffic jam is always one of the most prevalent topics of public interests. Governments are supposed to find dozens of solutions to manage this pressing phenomenon continuously. There is a school of thought holds that providing free public transport all the time will be the best way to figure out this problem. I am convinced that using public vehicles with no charge can ease congestion to a certain extent, but it is not the whole story.
It is immediately obvious that there are many compelling benefits of a free public transport system. Firstly, the consequence of encouraging people to use the community for free can reduce the number of private vehicles running on the roads. Secondly, because residents can get in the more secure vehicles, the number of accidents – one of the common causes of congestion, will tend to fall down significantly. Moreover, thanks to the large capacity of public vehicles, the density of traffic jams also can be reduced to a lower level.
Along with all the aforementioned advantages, it can be easily observed that it is not enough to clear out all the aspects of traffic jams. Because supplying free bus and other vehicles are voluntary, it might be solved the demands of residents in the low and medium life standards, who even don’t own any private cars or motorbikes. Besides it, this solution acts as a precursor of increase the whole number of vehicles to meet all demands of residents, which has an adverse bearing on the nation’s budgets that have to be divided reasonably to tons of other social problems. Governments can definitely consider some other measures such as requiring higher tax levels in private vehicles – a major contributor to limit the desire of owning cars or motorbikes.
In conclusion, instead of considering a single method as the best way, developing countries need a mixture of measures to crack totally the problem of overcrowding vehicles on the road, especially enhance the awareness of people.