Many people believe that single sex schools are better for students while others think that mixed schools have much more positive aspects What is your opinion

Many people believe that single-sex schools are better for students while others think that mixed schools have much more positive aspects. What is your opinion?

School is the place where we spend a lot of time except at home, therefore, choosing the right school
for you is a very important thing. Basically, schools are divided into two types: single-sex schools and
mixed schools. In Vietnam, these two types of schools still exist. And this issue is also so controversial.

There are strong arguments about the positive aspects between single-sex schools and mixed schools.
With that kind of school, students will not get into trouble with love, or fall into romantic relationships -
the thing that most parents forbid. I strongly believe that in a single-sex school, boys or girls will not be
affected by gender stereotypes. Boys can freely study their favorite subjects such as art, languages.
And girls also can learn science, martial arts,.. without fear of being ridiculed. Single-sex schools can
give a Curriculum tailored to student needs and interests. On the other hand, some same-sex schools
train their teachers in gender-specific teaching so that they can take full advantage of the opportunities
a sex-segregated classroom affords. They make certain studies more productive and meaningful than co-
ed schools. And today we still have Truong Vuong secondary school in Ha Noi –the school for girls only,
built from 1975 to now.

However, I wonder what mixed schools can bring to students? First, it is my personal view that
students receive more access to diversity in a mixed-gender school. When students of all ages have
access to more diversity in their educational environments, then their personal progress and grades are
typically better. Having access to various perspectives and experiences creates more opportunities,
reduces the mental effort needed to combat stereotypes, and improves the overall attitude of the
institution. Mixed-gender schools can prepare students for the real world. Understanding the similarities
and differences that exist between each individual will make it easier to form relationships, find
moments of success, and interact with future business partners in meaningful ways. The vast majority of
schools in the world are mixed schools.

To sum up, although there are still many limitations, in general, two types of schools have their own
positive aspects. It seems that mixed schools are closer to me, and l also see many important benefits of them