Many people today especially in the developed world are choosing to have fewer children or none at all Why is this happening and do you think it is a good trend

Many people today, especially in the developed world, are choosing to have fewer children or none at all.
Why is this happening, and do you think it is a good trend?

In recent years, young couples tend to have fewer children, or not at all. It is put forward by some people that this phenomenon will bring individuals an innovative world. Others, on the other hand, believe that it can be a significant problem in our society. This essay will identify the causes of this trend and present my own opinion before coming to a reasoned conclusion.

To begin with, there are a number of reasons why young population tend to follow the trend of low fertility. One of the most persuasive factors is perhaps that most of the young people of today prioritize improving their career rather than having their children. This is because they are living in a rigorous competitive society. Many people get a job at a late age as their job preparation is getting longer. Another reason for the low birth rate is that there are financial burdens that a large amount of money is spent on childbirth and parenting such as feeding and education fee. People who prefer a 'YOLO' life (You Only Live Once) may not accept this hardship.

In my opinion, this phenomenon would have various negative impacts on our society and the causes of this issue should be corrected by governments. To encourage people to give childbirth, governments should improve job market to increase job opportunity. In other words, it can help to reduce intense competition and those who have a job can consider the next step to get married or make a plan of childbirth. As well as this, supporting childcare physically and financially can be an effective way in which the aforementioned factors can be resolved because it can be a reduced burden of parenting. Some developed countries including Korea, Netherlands and Australia have been implementing this project successfully.

To sum up, it can be observed that there are several reasons for low fertility. Although this trend has a huge impact on our society, I believe that with the right actions of governments, it can be resolved.