online learning has become necessary around the world Analyze the impacts effects of online learning on education

online learning has become necessary around the world. Analyze the impacts/effects of online learning on education.

While it is hard to believe that anything good could have come from the COVID-19 pandemic, I think that the rapid development of online learning counts as a positive outcome of this situation. The global implementation of social distancing has made educational institutions around the word go online—and realize that online learning can be just as efficient as learning in person.
To begin with, online classes can be extremely convenient, as they save both the teachers’ and the students’ commuting time. It allows them to spend it for something more productive then getting from point A to point B. Of course, half-an-hour bus rides to and from class on every business day might seem like a relatively minor inconvenience, but they accumulate to 5 hours a week, 20 hours a month—an amount of time that could be easily put to better use.
Furthermore, the development of online learning has lifted multiple barriers. Online classes can be attended from any point of the world. They are also accessible to people with disabilities that could make it harder—or even impossible—for them to learn in traditional classes. As long as you have a device with internet access and enough motivation, online learning makes everything possible. Of course, online classes also have some downsides. The most prominent of them is the creation a new barrier: the technological one. A laptop good enough to endure long Zoom conferences, a strong internet connection necessary for active participation in online classes, a comfortable and quiet workplace—all these tools are crucial for the efficient online learning process, and yet they are a privilege not everyone possesses.
To sum up, in my opinion, online learning is a technology with numerous prospects, but with much room for improvement. I do not think that it could ever replace the traditional classes, but I strongly believe that it can be a great alternative. Perhaps in the future, when the necessary technologies will be more accessible for everyone, having a mix of in-person an online classes in the schedule will become a new norm.