People are living in a throwaway society using things for a short time and then throwing them away What are the causes of this What problems does it lead to

People are living in a “throwaway society”, using things for a short time and then throwing them away. What are the causes of this? What problems does it lead to?

“Throwaway sociey” has been highlighted as an emerging issue in recent decades due to its influence on social development. Despite this trend’s popularity is increasing, the negative implications could be pronounced.

There are many reasons behind this “throwaway society”. First, because of technological advancement, products are constantly updated and released by manufacturers in the latest version of things even the short distance with their nearest one, encouraging buyers purchasing for the new version with more features in order to show their wealthiness and fashionableness. For example, they would spend money on iPhone 11 – the latest version of Apple’s smartphone regardless of the durability of their old ones, resulting in disposing of their outdated versions for a short using time. Second, since people nowadays do not have enough time for cooking, they order foods and drinks contained by disposable plastic items, which are proved to be convenient for not requiring washing effort after use. As a result, the disposable products are not reused by users, conditioning to the disposal of such products for single use.

However, this pattern could be fraught with several pitfalls. First, if individuals always keep pace with the trend while buying for the updated version of things and throwing their old ones, they could get into serious debt. It means that this lifestyle could be money-consuming as new and best-seller items permanently are sold at prohibitive prices for who desire to own them in the early stages they debuted, leading to individual of finance. Second, by being consequences of excessive consumption of disposable items, a huge amount of hazardous waste is discharged into the environment, conditioning to contaminated soil and groundwater. In fact, these products are disposed to landfills where they are buried into the soil, relating to soil and groundwater pollution.

In conclusion, the cause for “throwaway society” could be formed by people shopping style and the consumption of disposable goods. Nonetheless, the negative impact on individuals’ finance and environmental sustainability could make people think twice before any investment and usage.