People think that government should increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environmental problems Give your opinion

People think that government should increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environmental problems. Give your opinion.

It is thought that government ought to increase the price of fuel used for transportations in order to tackle environmental issues. In my opinion, it is a useful solution, but other measures might be more effective.

Increasing the amount of money people have to pay for gasoline is helpful in some certain ways, one of which is that it would limit the number of car journeys, and money raised could be used for the improvement of public transport. Also, more goods and people would travel by rail if the fuel cost them too much money. These affects will lead to the reduction of vehicle emissions and greenhouse effects.

However, there are some other measures that could be considered more efficient. Congestions charges could be applied, for instance, in London, money from this is used for other purposes such as building schools, hospitals or help the homeless. Additionally, free bus and train passes around the city would help minimize the use of cars and improve air quality.

In short, while raising taxes on petrol is a great solution to environment’s problems, other transport measures would be more effective.