In a recent survey conducted in this country it was found that up to 20 of twelve year olds in some schools were showing early signs of nicotine addiction In the eighteen to twenty year age bracket the percentage was as high as 70 A large contributing fac

In a recent survey conducted in this country, it was found that up to 20% of twelve year-olds in some schools were showing early signs of nicotine addiction. In the eighteen to twenty year age bracket the percentage was as high as 70%. A large contributing factor to this high level of addiction is attributed to the uncensored TV advertising of cigarettes. For this reason all cigarette advertising should be banned.

We are living in a society where is much easy to be influenced. Recent analyis conducted in our nation dimonstrate that kids of 12 have dependence to smoking and the situation get worse in adolescents between 18 to 20 years old. Many people claims that it is all fault of uncut televison publicity. Personally, I believe that the tv ad plays a important role in this matter but is not the only one reason.

Admettely, children tend to watch televisione in their free time and absorbs everything educational or not that is projected on it. Since the kids are more dependent to what them sees and feels because of their age, they are more exsposed to risk than the adult one. In my view, the harmful advertising should be banned on such a device like TV in order to avoid bad influence on teenagers. As a result, the number of children who smoke will decrease significantly.

However, a big amount of young people are more likely to smooke because they hung out with friends that already smoke. This generate into healthy persons a great sense of isolation, driving them to smoke and become like their others peers just for feels part of the group. Furthermore, part of the guilt goes to the parents who does not pay enough attention to their children. Therefore, it would be a good solution to ban all the uncensored tv advertising that could be dangerous for our children. Parental control on televison of new generation is another weapon that might be use to make sure to block inappropriate channel or content so that the young people can watch their favorite show in a more safety way.

In conclusion, as far as I am concerned, various measures should be taken to tackle this problems which affects mainly our new generation and ensure them a healty growth.