Some people say that young people learn good behaviors more from movies and books than real life experiences Do you agree or disagree

Some people say that young people learn good behaviors more from movies and books than real-life experiences. Do you agree or disagree?

In this day and age, as the profound influence of books and movies on people’s moral standards, awareness, etc, it is questionable whether this can be a better approach for youngsters to learn good deeds than hands-on experiences. In my opinion, I vehemently disagree with the aforementioned standpoint.
On one hand, films and books can offer young people an array of fascinating experiences from various perspectives and roles. For instance, one can learn valuable lessons about friendship, school, and other topics from a young-adult film, whereas a family-focused movie will impart important messages about the ties that bind families. As a result, young people can learn different ethical deeds without restriction. However, there are some demerits that exist in this type of approach. Firstly, a wide range of violent movies and books can pose a threat to youngsters’ development. To be more specific, as some of them encompass brutal characters or meaningless plots, one can not derive anything from these types of entertainment but for toxic lessons, especially for impressionable children. Secondly, the lessons gained from films or books may not be embedded in one’s mind. As young people watch the film with the standpoint of an outsider, they cannot fully comprehend the messages, culminating in no memorable lessons.
On the other hand, it is real-life experiences that teach young men a wealth of priceless insights. As children experience their own ups and downs, everything—from feelings to behaviors—relates to them personally rather than to a fictional character As a result, they will be hardwired with the lessons learned from these problems. For illustration, should one be punished heavily for doing something wrong in reality instead of watching characters in movies, they are less likely to repeat the same mistake in the future.
To conclude, although films and books can bring diverse experiences to young people, the lessons cannot be implanted as profoundly in their minds as real-life experiences. Therefore, I opine that firsthand lessons are superior to those stemming from other sources.