Some people think young people should go to university to further their education while others think they should be encouraged to work as car mechanics or builders etc to serve society Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Le Tran Phuc – B1808505 – Reading and Writing
After graduating from school, people wonder whether they should get higher education or they ought to land a job. Some people choose to skip university and in favor of more experience on the job. But a college education could help a lot in the long term. In my perspective, I concur with this trend because a university degree can create many opportunities in their life such as better career opportunities, personal development, and an investment in the future.
Firstly, the university opens doors to opportunity and expands new horizons, it is the most common pathway to a better career. College graduates have half the unemployment rates of high school graduates and better job security. Nowadays, a large number of high school graduates work in the industry with low paying salaries that don't offer many opportunities for the career ladder. For example, if a student wants to become a scientist, he must have a relevant degree which provides them with in-depth knowledge about the environment, human science, related to his job fields. Therefore, it is easier for him to pursue his dedication.
On the one hand, a university degree is helpful for personal development, which has skyrocketed in university. Teamwork and network-relationship the building, are just two examples of the skills that students are likely to pick up during their time in university. Take advantage of opportunities to work with others such as volunteering for a school project, holding executive board positions on a campus organization. Also, students can get a chance to interact with different peoples, some of the same age and others are older, like lecturers. During the attachment and internship, apply these skills to portray yourself as an able student, the company will not hesitate to hire you.
Finally, the returns on investment from a university degree is far more than just financials. For some, the cost of attending college can be a real obstacle. But in the end, the qualification is not just a paper, earning a college degree will help us realize our goals in job field as well as life in general. By working hard to fulfill what we desire in life – that is meaningful in our personal growth rather than material gains.
To sum up, after high school, whether students should get higher education or grab a job always being a debatable issue. I strongly believe that attending universities is one of the common ways to succeed in the future. As Malcolm X used to say: "Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”