Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Discussion about political and social situation and thoughts between learners and professors at classes may heavily influence students’ viewpoint and environment of classes. Personally, I believe that teachers cannot share their standing point of these topics at educational organizations. I feel this way for two main reasons, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, digressing from topic of curriculum of certain academic disciplines can be disruptive to students’ learning process. That professors talk about their point of view about government and societal matters means they are discussing about things which is unrelated to the lesson they are teaching. Therefore, instructors will waste the time of classes and sidetrack undergraduates’ attention to unnecessary matters. For example, last year, in my mathematics course, my professors started giving her opinion about the authorities of Mongolia, my native country, and their involvement in society of my nation. She nearly squandered thirty minutes to illustrate her opinion instead of teaching principles and theories of mathematics. Moreover, I could not collect myself after she starts her main lesson of mathematics because I was thinking about her opinion throughout the course. As a result, I could not learn anything about mathematics from this lecture. This example demonstrates how professors affect students’ attention and accomplishment negatively when they talk about unrelated matters.

Secondly, students are liable to believe their professors even if teachers provide subjective thoughts, so students will be easily influenced by incorrect opinions. Most pupils consider their teachers sage and well-experienced because teachers have wide knowledge about their field of studies. Thereby, young adults will completely believe in these things even if their teachers are not experts in academic disciplines of sociology and policy. For instance, my classmates and me deem our physics professor as smart individual because he has several prizes of physics competition. Thus, when he talked about the following election of Mongolia at the last seminar of the session, my peers totally supported his thought because they respect him. However, they failed to take teacher’s opinion with grain of salt by recognizing that our professor is expert in physics but not in the study of policy. Consequently, most of my classmates held wrong opinion by totally believing our physics teacher, so they are going to vote for unreliable candidate this year. To sum up, learners are unable to judge their teachers’ opinion objectively because youngsters admire their knowledge.

In summation, I am of the opinion that post-secondary institutions need to require professors not to speak about political and societal conditions at their classes—if it is unrelated to their lesson. This is because it will be distracting to learner’s studying process, and pupils will believe in biased viewpoint readily due to their personal respect.