TPO 1

TPO 1

The readimg and the lecture dive information about a new proposal that gives the option to work four days insted five days in the week for a less pay. While the reading illustrates three benefits of four days work compare to five days, the lecture refutes all the points discussed in the reading passage.

First, the lecture indicates that the suggestion is impractical and absurd. Since the companies will sped more money on traning and medical benefits, giving the option for worker to work four days insted of five will lower companies profits and increase their spending. Yet, companies will also required to spend additional money on office space and computer purchase. Thus, in contrust with the reding, this will add more burden on companies budjet and dramatecly decreas their profits.

Second, contrary to what belief in the reading passage that the new proposal will help the whole country by lowering the unemployment and help the companies , in part, by eleminate errors, the lecture argues that the companies might not invest in new employees to lower their expenses. Instead, companies might rais their expectation to their current emplotyess bt asking them to work over time. As a result, the unemplymnet rate will remain the same, and the workers are porns to make more errors.

Fianlly, the author mentions that the proposal will impove employees live. The lecture disagrees with the statement by saying that the proposal pose risk on the employess. He explains that the propsal significantly decrease job stability as the four days employees are the first to loose their jobs in any econmy crisis. Yet, they are less likely to get mangment position as companies prefer those who are work five days to provide a consistant supervision and management.