TPO 44 Integrated Writing Task

Both the listening and writing discuss the authenticity of the silver coin as historical evidence. They contradict each other from the following three perspectives.

First, the lecturer challenges the idea purposed by the writer that the great distance from Norse settlements to place coins discovered shows that there is no connection with the settlement. Instead, she contends that there are other objects that were found in great distance indicating that the Native American may be interested in collecting those objects including silver coins.

Second, the professor refutes the idea advocated by the author that Norse did not bring any silver coins as there are no other coins that have been found there. Nevertheless, she posits that Norse may need to pack up those coins and take them to North American during their trips. After that, they would have to go back to Europe and use them.

Third, the lecture cast doubt on the thought illustrated in the passage that silver coins were useless in North America so Norse would not bring them there. On the contrary, it indicates that those silver coins seem really beautiful and might be appealing to people in North America. Therefore, it is possible that they would like to trade with Norse by silver coins.

In conclusion, the talk rebuts the passage from three distinct aspects regarding whether the silver coins are historical evidence.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3