Traveling to Mars has been considered for several years by humans. While the passage suggests a mission to Mars may contain serious problems, the lecture gives a solution to all stated difficulties in the passage.
To start with, the passage states that Mars being further from the earth than the moon acquire more food, water and oxygen supply which should be adequate for a two year trip. However, the lecture disputes this idea by suggesting hydroponics, growing special kinds of plants in the water, which will result in food to eat, recycled waste water to drink and less carbon dioxied and more oxygen in the environment to breath.
Secondly, although the passage strongly believes spending a long time in zero-gravity will cause decrease in muscle mass and lower bone density, the lecture disaproves this opinion. Firstly, she claims regular amount of excercise will prohibit decrease in muscle mass. Also she adds that eating mineral and vitamins such as Calcium will help with bone density.
In addition to, the passage worries about astronauts being exposed to sun radiation. The lecturer however says that radiation exposure is only occasionally. As well as that, she states monitoring amount of radiation and putting shields in space crafts and using them when radiation is dangerous can be helpful.
In conclusion, although the reading is concerned about problems of traveling to Mars, the three points made in the reading are effectively challenged by the lecturer.
- TPO 43 Independent Writing TaskImagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion which of the following is the best thing to do Interrupt and correct the mistake right away Wai 70
- TPO 50 Integrated Writing Task 80
- TPO 41 Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 70
- TOEFL T P O 1 Integrated Writing Task 3
- TPO 37 Integrated writing 45
Number of Paragraphs: 5 4
better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 4 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 7 2
No. of Sentences: 10 12
No. of Words: 239 250
No. of Characters: 1212 1200
No. of Different Words: 147 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.932 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.071 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.5 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 96 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 76 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 43 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 22 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.9 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.386 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.9 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.373 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.729 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.128 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 4