The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

The table indicates the percentage of consumer spending on particular items which divided into three categories in five different countries in 2002.

The largest consumer spending in food/drinks/tobacco items are evident in Turkey, Ireland and Spain. In this category item, Turkey was led as the highest spending rate by 32.14%, followed by Ireland with 28.91% and then Spain with 18.8% also Sweden which has the lowest rate by 15.77%. For the second category item, which is clothing/footwear, Italy become the leading country with 9% in rate.

Turkey was next with 6.63% and the rates in Spain and Ireland were close behind with around 6%. That fact was followed by Sweden with 5.4% as the lowest rate country. For the last category, which consist of leisure/education, the biggest rate of consumer spending was led by Turkey with 4.35%. Sweden and Italy were close behind in rate with 3.22% and 3.20%, respectively. Consumer spending in Ireland dropped significantly with 2.21% and Spain at a very low rate with 1.98%.

The overall trends shows a reduction in consumer spending on those particular items in a year.