Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed Reading Course has greatly improved productivity One graduate of the course was able to read a 500 page report in only two hours another graduate rose from an a

The personal director in making the recommendation to the president of Acme Publishing Company urges for the adoption of the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course. His recommendation is based on several implicit assumptions and clear evidence such as the other company’s improved productivity, promotion of an employee from lower level office to upper level office, correlation between the speed reading and the success of the company.

To begin with, Author clearly referenced the success of many other companies but fails to elucidate the type of company they were: whether those companies were publishing company or simply some ad companies which requires the reading skills more than the writing. If such is the case, Author should first examine the type of company he is referencing for improving the validity of his recommendation.

After that, the author lucidly states that the employee holding the assistant manager post was able to be promoted to be the vice president because of the easy read speed- reading courses. Even if the course have aid him in becoming the new vice president, author fails to scrutinize the other important factors (intelligence, leadership quality, mental acuity, etc) actually needed to promote oneself from the present position. It would be better if the author would have actually sought the vice president and ask the benefits of the course to him for the better understanding of the course.

Finally, the author limns the direct correlation between the success of the publishing company and the employee ability to read in a high frequency. He fails to realize that together with reading ability, the publishing firm requires creative, eloquent writers who can write good piece on the subject. Perhaps the author couldn’t realize the fact that the ability to imbibe the influx of the information bear no relation to the speed of the reading. They could be related but there is no scientific evidence that can back up the reason. Furthermore, author should carefully observe whether all the employee of the publishing firms needs to acquire the reading skills or just few employees requires. If so, then author should carefully posit who are the ones required to obtain those reading skills so the company can be benefitted. If author could provide all the answers to the unwarranted assumption then the recommendation can be of great value to the publishing firm.

Essays by the user: