In order for any work of art for example a film a novel a poem or a song to have merit it must be understandable to most people

In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.

Art represents the culture and tradition of a society, and it is the core aspect of the society. Art can be a film, a novel, a poem or a song and differnt prople evalute them with different perspectives. The notion states that nn order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people. While I partially disagree with the staement, I believe that a good art must have a core meaming that represent the beauty of the art, and understandable to a good amount of people.

First of all, art represents the intellectual minds of the artists, and the core belive of the soceity, the sufferings of the peoples, or the emotions of the mass people. It is a medium of representation of different kind of artisitic things like - film, novel, poem or songs. An intellectual art may not be understandable to the majority people, but it may carry a deep meaning that represent a very regular thing to a very artistic piece, and awarded by internationnlay recognized organization. For example, a movie may be successful in business, but it can earn an academic award or oscar.

Moreover, an art takes a lots of time and investment to create. Many artists dedicated their life for the art and work day and night out and make a successful movei or poem or song. The core values of the art must be preserved and the flourishment of the art must be occured but it may not be accessable to maximum of people because of it's ticket price or demographic reasons. Additionally, as art represents culturtal things, and it may not be meaningful to others culture's people. Furthermore, a masterpeice art may not be valuable after one or two generation because of the time, culture or generation shift. For example, an old nazi art is not meaningful to the people of Bangladesh becase they don't facinaed with the context though the art is available on internet. But they are interested to the liberation war art peice because they are familiar with the context.

However, the accessibility of the art must be considered to calculate the merti of an art.If an art is not open to the people of the soceity they will not be aware of the context, and it will make a meaningless art. As a result the movei will be flopped, song will be disappear, and poem will be destroyed. To make an art preserve long time the advertisement and accessibilty must be present. If an audience don't understand the meanign of the art they will not be interested and if the core reson of the art is to convey a message then the message will not be delivered through then art.

In conlcusion, in order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people, but some art not udnerstandable to most people thought they are great art for their subject matter.