People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.
__________
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The late world-renowned tech giant, Steve Jobs said, “only those who think they are crazy enough to change the world actually do.” Decisions based on emotions tend to sound absurd at first but they usually turnout to be sound when logically considered afterwards. While careful analysis of a subject matter based on logic can at times yield the desired goal, yet they are mostly impracticable in the real world; people who have based their life choices on emotions have achieved much more in life. Decisions based on logic may seem sound initially but those made on the basis of emotions are the ones that change the world.

Like Steve Jobs, American president, John F. Kennedy was thought to be irrational after his announcement that America was going to put man on the moon, a decision predicated by the ever-present desire of the great nation to feel they are on top of the world and show what it means to be the world leader. Needless to say, the endeavour was a huge leap for mankind, it paved the way for others to explore and usher in a new age of space travel. Till today, President John F. Kennedy’s emotion-based decision has lead to the transformation of not only human’s understanding of space but also improvements in transportation, physics, medicine, biology to name a few with the ability to conduct more beneficial science researches previous limited by the laws of matter on earth. Despite some unanticipated troubles the space age brought like the “Apollo” disease, death of a brillant mind and pioneer cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin, death of about 4 others in the explosion of one of the Apollo space-craft just after launch, humanity was able to ensure the sacrifices outweigh the costs and has long surpassed them. Emotion is the catalyst that drive people to go beyond what they already know and are capable of to breaking their limits and becoming the best versions of themselves they can only dream of.

When Martin Luther King Jr, one of the greatest orators in history, made his famous "I have a dream speech", the consensus of the populace was that it was unachievable for a black man to be the president of America, that it was just that - a dream. However, some decades later we were all proven wrong when the young Barack Obama, having listened to the speech was moved and motivated to bring it to fulfilment. Barack Obama acted on his emotions and a few years later, it turned out to be the best decision in his life, second to marrying Michelle of course. Baracka Obama as a result of his emotion-based decision making was able to achieve other amazing feats, one of such was his capture of America’s greatest terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, who in his cunning had successfully evaded the past leaders of the prestigious nation. By acting on the emotion that was kindled from the speech, he attained what no other black man could boast of.

Another decision maker in present time who became great by following his emotions is Elon Musk – our very own Iron Man. Elon Musk defied all odds when he demonstrated to the world one man can realise all his wildest imaginations if he listens his heart. Raised by a neglectful father and bullied at school, Elon Musk decided to channel his neglect and frustration to bringe the ideas he got from reading tonnes of sci-fi books to life. At first, his goals sounded ridiculous, even after he sold his first company, it still looked unrealistic. Due to Elon Musk’s unrelenting and refusal to yield to logic, he gradually started making his goals reality. He did the impossible. Elon Musk’s emotion-based style of decision making was pivotal to his revolutionalisation of transportation, challenging and displacing the long established fossil fuel-based vehicle companies with the commercialisation of affordable electric vehicles. His exploits cuts across other industries as well, including commercialising space travel through his company – SpaceX and opening up Artificial Intelligence to the masses through OpenAI. Elon Musk has not stopped transforming transportation, he plans to fully develop Hyperloop – a faster than sound speed of transportation on land – and make available to everyone. Having made this much positive impact, who with sound logic can claim that Elon Musk is a poor decision maker?

Ultimately, if you want to transcend the norm and attain the best you could ever dream then you are better of basing your decision on emotions. Referring to revolutionary people like Steve Jobs, John F. Kennedy, Barack Obama and Elon Musk who have proven over and over the efficacy of emotion-based decision making as poor decision makers is clearly a fallacy.

Too many examples
================