Should colleges force students take course on reading novel, poetry and other imaginative poetry.

In the oscar wining movie "Good will hunting ",the professor makes a bold statement by saying that "engineering ,medicine and corporate exapnsion is important but what humans live for is
love and poetry an art filled with imagination" .This statement clearly highlights the importance of imagination in personal as well as later stages in life. It is the creative arts of ALbert einstein that made him famous on the theory of relativity
not the dates of places where he was forced to remember at school.However, some people might posit the idea that college is for learning facts and and creativity can be left at a table in the art class .But these people fail
to recognize certain aspects of knowledge and what college courses are meant for .Thus,although college is meant for studying facts and teaching students the theoretical grasp ion subject matter the creative sides cannot be overlooked.

Firstly, free writing and novels bring out the the practical side of situations .For instance,a study done on University of California Berkeley revealed that students who took the class for A310 "Applications for the Geosysnthesis in buildings " had a better
understanding of the subject matter .iT WAS REVEALED THAT STUDENTS were prone to understand better when things were presented in a pragmatic way. Likewise,the classes on creative minds actually open up the senses
and connect neurons to a better upholding for retention says the latest paper on neural networks.Thus studnets who show a practical grasp of things can actually excel in their theoretical courses making them successful in
their careers .

Secondly, such imaginative courses helps to stimulate relaxation .Scientific research done in University of Cambridge showed that around seventy percent of all students on their campus suffer from ADHD and Anxiety related disorders.
They also noted that students were more likely to perform better when they had something free to study apart from theoretical courses that focus on obscene impratical and archaic study models.Likewise ,my own experience is a compelling example of
this ,when I was in the 11th grade ,I was very busy to take extracurriculars such as "Music Creation ".My scores plummetted and that year was one of the worst years of my life.Next year ,I took on Music Creation 101
for my A level Course .That Course really gave me the opportunity to open up to and realease my repressed emotions .Thus such courses benefit us by stimulating relaxation 9which give an upward trend in test scores and
improve the overall mental health of the student.

However, some people might believe that people solely go to school for learning facts and they are uninterested in creative parts of the curriculum .They may argue that future Scientists and mathematicians might not contend
to such courses such as "Poetry and playing musical instruments .They further may put forth the idea that school is for teaching a set of directions to students and college courses should only involve their msubject matter
like engineering courses should only have maths and phsyics related content whereas art should only teach how to paint i.e a conglomorate would be unacceptable .Likewise,they might believe that college courses should be
specific to the students choices as they have gone through high school to get here so they know whats the best for them.

Nevertheless ,these people forget that college system ,for instance the education system in US have introduced Liberal arts as a curriculum where they teach a variety of subjects which promote the imaginative and creative
side of the individual .Lets face facts here not all students know what they want to do at college .People like "Mark zukerberg " a college dropout did not contend to the theoretical classes at Harvard ,so Harvard Computer scientists
are now able to take a language courses along with a creative course such as drama which has significantly improved the well being of the students .Moreover, most students in a recent poll at the University of exeter have
agreed that a diverse curriculkum which involves free writing has prepared them to face the real world rather that a fixed set of course in a particular field.

In conclusion,I strongly believe that creative courses should be offered and some of the courses should be mandatory for the students .I feel this way because it enchance their practicality ,mental health and prepares them
'for the real world .

Average: 6.6 (1 vote)