Some countries have introduced a law to limit working hours for employers why Do you think is it a positive or negative development

A number of countries have established laws to restrict the office hours for the workers. This is majorly because of increasing cases related to mental illness and disbalance in personal and professional life. In my opinion, undoubtedly, this is overall a positive development.

Implementing regulations on business hours is a wise decision as it eliminates the excessive pressure and unneccessary burden on employees. In this fast paced world, due to competition, individuals are forced to increase the productivity in order to compete with the competitors. Not only during weekdays but also on weekends, staff has to visit office and work for longer hours. Consequently, it builds mental stress which eventually contribute in depression and these cases are rapidly increasing nowadays. To illustrate, in Korea, 95% of office workers suffer from burnout syndrome which means they face mental and physical fatigue and become lethargic.

In addition, working for long hours adversely affect the personal relationships. Because people are swamped with alot of work, they hardly get time to fulfill their commitments resulting in an increase in differences between family members. For instance, in the last few decades, according to family court, the divorce cases have been inceased by 45% due to lack of quality time together. Moreover, the lesser the time we spend with our loved ones, the higher the chances of seperation.

To conclude, it is neccessary to implement the laws to protect the personal interest of workforce. Overall, it is advatantageous for the community as it brings mental peace and closeness in relations.