The wealth of a nation is said to depend on the health of its citizens Yet in the modern knowledge based economies of the world education is more and more being seen as the main force in the development of all countries Do you share this view Give reasons

The health of the inhabitants in a country had been used to estimate the wealth of it for many years since the past. But in the contemporary world, education is being given a major chunk in deciding the wealth. I can understand that good education might translate into a better job which pays a person more. But this might also lead to errors because there is no surety that a well-educated person might be able to serve for a long time.

Statistics have shown that often people who stay healthy contribute more than who do not. When a person is healthy and fit, he tends to excite his or her energy over the work he's doing and complete it. Whatever might be the work, the person tries to do the best he can. Studies have shown that almost 90% of the people who work in the software sector take a yoga/ aerobics session every day either in the morning or evening. This proves that people try to be healthy and fit while they work which increases the productivity which leads to an increase in the revenue.

On the other hand, if education is considered as a primary aspect in calculating the wealth, several hurdles might occur. There is no surety that every person who's provided with a professional level degree might continue to do work which is of his level. He might eventually be interested in art and shift to that field someday. It depends on the personal interest and will of the person to do a job. Conversely, the reverse might also occur. a person whos not qualified to do any professional-level work might end up in a big corporate job due to reasons like hereditary, sheer luck.

To sum up, while I think education is a key factor in estimating the wealth of a notion, it is the health and fitness of its people which decide the position of the country in terms of wealth.

Essays by the user: