The charts below show annual average spending on clothes per person in the US in 1985 1995 and 2005

The charts below show annual average spending on clothes per person in the US in 1985, 1995 and 2005.

The bar chart compares the American average expenditure on clothes in three different years.
Overall, it is clear that US women allocated the most significant amount of money on clothes whereas the average expense of females on clothes outnumbered that of males throughout the surveyed period.
Roughly 500 dollars was spent on clothes by women in 1985. The figure rose unremarkably in 1995 before undergoing an upsurge to reach a peak of approximately 650 dollars in 2005. By contrast, US men’s expense on clothes witnessed a fluctuation, in which the amount of money rose from 300 dollars to around 450 dollars before decreasing to precisely 400 dollars at the end of the period.
The average spending on clothes of boys and girls were much lower compared to those of adults. The budget spent on boys’ clothes remained nearly unchanged, at an average of 100 dollars. Meanwhile, the figure for girls’ clothes saw a slight growth from around 100 to 150 over the years.