The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

The given table reveals statistics about the proportion of money allocated for three different categories in Ireland, Italy, Turkey, Spain and Sweden in 2002.
Looking from an overall perspective, it is evident that people spent most of their income on food, drinks, and tobacco. The leisure and education sector, in contrast, went on the lowest in all three mentioned countries.
In terms of foodstuff, beverages, and tobacco, Turkey claimed the largest percentage with 32.14%, which was almost twice as high as those for Italy and Sweden. Ireland came in second at around 29%. The remaining nation – Spain ranked third at 18.8%.
Turning to clothe and footwear-related items, which accounted for the next highest fraction of spending in all nations, Italy recorded the highest figure at exactly 9%. However, the lowest segment was reported in Sweden, at only 5.4%. Other countries paid approximately 6.5% of their budget for this category.
The proportion of expenditure on recreational and educational activities comprised the smallest. Turkey’s number was the highest at 4.35%, compared to just around 3.2% in Italy and Sweden. On the contrary, Spain and Ireland had the figure of roughly 2%, which was a haft that of Turkey.