In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care. Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family?

In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care.

Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Nowadays caring for old people is becoming a major issue in developed countries including the Great Britain . Since development of science and medicine even prolong the general population life span , that also causing major impact on this issue.

On my opinion, I think the Government has to pay for the less fortunate elderly people rather than burden the family by asking them to pay for their loved ones. In general individuals have to be encouraged to save money in accordance to spend for their old age expenses. By doing that we can ensure safe and healthy environment for the senior citizens.

Alternatively, arrangements can be made for them to help the family to care fort hem at their own place, which is more pleasant and satisfaction for the people who are involved and it saves tons of money to be spent in nursing home payment.

In conclusion, aged care facility has to be funded by Government with the support of family which will be beneficial for the less fortunate seniors.