Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changedbecause of technology.in what ways technology affected the types of relationships people make?has this become a positive or negative development?

Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changedbecause of technology.
in what ways technology affected the types of relationships people make?
has this become a positive or negative development?

One of the most important characteristics that distinguishes living from dead is mutual interaction. For centuries, mankind has survived war, terror and every catastrophe due to mutual interaction and support from friends and families.
In the past people had to use the exhausting system of communication to connect with their loved ones. It included postal services and telegrams etc. They were sluggish and insecure. Over the years the world has been transformed into one global market, the means of communication has been improved tremendously and everyone is just one call away from their distant friends and families.

These modes of communication includes telephones, mobile phones and the mighty internet. Now, not only, one can talk to a friend, who is million miles away but can also see him face to face, as if he is sitting beside him. So it is fair to say that this has resulted into strengthening the relationships between friends and family members.

But this is just the one side of a picture. With the open availability of internet, every fraudulent person has wore his friendly mask and decided to manipulate the innocents. This ranges from hurting some one emotionally to hacking some ones’ bank accounts. It has destroyed the spirit of the society, people are using internet for fake friendships and meaningless relationships. This has also increased vulgarity in the society. Now, every low-life has a chance to fool around on the internet. The cheap text message packages has allowed teenagers to cheat on their loved ones, because of which the rape percentage has increased drastically, over the course of last decade. The divorce rate has doubled and the social life of most of people have been destroyed.

So to conclude, in my view technology has played a great role in defining the communication. It has helped to transform the world into a global village and has brought the loved ones together, but it is also responsible for lack of commitment and meaninglessness in the relationship in the society