School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.Do you agree or d

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?

Computer has gained its popularity in worldwide. It is argued that young children nowadays are becoming more dependent on computers as a result of effect on their reading skills and writing skills. Therefore, teachers need to avoid using computers in classes and go back to teach basic study skills. In my perspective, I tend to disagree with this statement.

Understandably, teachers should avoid using computers and laptops because students find them attracting and will be distracted in classes. Young children, in most cases, see the computers as gaming machines, therefore, if computers and laptops devices are allowed to be use in classrooms, young students naturally would not pay attention on their learning. Consequently, young students are not likely to learn anything in classroom.

However, it is not saying that computers and devices are drawbacks. To begin with, teacher using computer in classes can help more young students progress much faster. By using computers and projectors in classroom, teachers can clearly present the questions on the white board. Young students therefore will not lose track of their studying in class. Moreover, this also helps students in enhance their listening skills by watching videos instead of listening teachers reading books or notes in class.

Apart from this, teachers can increase the efficiency of studying of young students. By simply typing keywords on Google and internet databases, teachers can use variety of examples that are obtained from the internet and provide them to students when explaining a particular topic, which allows young students to have more understanding. As a result, teachers no longer need to think for examples for long time when students are asking tricky questions.

In conclusion, teachers should use computers and laptops in classes because it will significantly improve the young students’ learning performance in many aspects.