A country should spend money on skills training or vocational training for practical work rather than on university education To what extent do you agree or disagree

A country should spend money on skills training or vocational training for practical work, rather than on university education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Vocational and university education are the two major methods of learning to get job opportunities. While some argue that the government should invest money in higher education, I totally disagree with this opinion as practical skills and qualified workers are essential for today's society.

To begin with, there is a great demand for skillful workers in the 21st-century industrialization and technological era. A majority of students choose academic education, which leads to a lack of blue-collar workers—a significant workforce contributing to the country's development. Moreover, top industry players are often at the cutting edge of technological innovation, so investment in training a skilled workforce is a must to help industries grow and, in turn, enhance economic growth. Besides, upgrading workers' skills also helps improve the productivity and quality of products and services.

It also appears that vocational learning is one of the ideal choices that help part of the population who are unable to afford a university education or are not capable of absorbing academic knowledge to land a good job. The training schools' fees are often expensive. The course length is also usually much shorter than those at university, and people learn practical skills that can be applied as soon as they've finished the course. The course offers skills in many different fields, such as: plumbing, nursing, programming, and film editing. Furthermore, there are also short-term courses that teach social skills needed in the workplace, which traditional ways of learning seldom mention. For example, people should have sales skills in order to express and sell the idea, as well as products and services, to other people.

In conclusion, I do believe that the government should have more funds for skills training and vocational education in order to meet the urgent demand for a skilled workforce and enhance the country's development.