In education and employment some people work harder than others Why do some people work harder Is it always a good thing to work hard

In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder? Is it always a good thing to work hard?

It is a common belief that there are a number of students and employees who sacrifice more time for their success than others in school or at work. This phenomenon has occurred throughout mankind’s history because of some reasons and I contend that the hardworking attitude should always be encouraged in any type of society.
There are several reasons to explain a student’s or a staff’s diligence, one of those is their competitiveness. One is likely to compare himself/herself with another when staying or working together in an organization. The comparison might be mostly about whether his/her performance is more effective or less, which accidentally creates the competition among members. Therefore, people tend to be more laborious because they fear to be incompetent and fall to the bottom of the community, which will make them the leftover. Another reason for this is because of the reward they may earn if working hard enough. For instance, my cousin has been recently proposed to be a sales manager in a technology company, which at first required him a KPI of $1000 per month as a salesman. Thanks to working several overtime hours and exceeding sales targets in 5 consecutive months, he was chosen as the top staff in the company of the year and promoted to the current position.
Based on the analyses I performed above, the hardworking spirit should be considered a necessary factor in every community because of individual and organizational aspects. As an individual, studying or working hard can help people to approach, learn more knowledge and surpass peers and coworkers, which also might provide them with tremendous career opportunities in the future. Besides, statistics have shown that in a company, diligent students and employees are those who have a strong likelihood to contribute more than others. Thus, with immediate and appropriate recognition from the boss or the teacher, they can be remarkably beneficial for the organization.
In conclusion, factors such as competitiveness between members and the well – deserved rewarding can result in one’s hard work and I support the idea that the diligence is always beneficial for individuals and organizations.