In many countries more and more people choose to buy imported food rather than food produced locally Why do people buy imported food What could be done to encourage people to buy local food

In many countries more and more people choose to buy imported food rather than food produced locally. Why do people buy imported food? What could be done to encourage people to buy local food?

In recent decades, there has been a growing trend toward choosing to buy imported food rather than buy local food, although this trend leads to a whole host of issues for children, identifying the reasons behind it is key to find the solution.
There are a number of reasons leading to that trend.
First, some believe that commodities in developed countries would be manufactured with stricter processes, so they have higher quality compare to local products. For example, my mother often buys imported fruits such as American oranges because she thinks that they are safer and contain more vitamins and minerals than Vietnamese organs.
Second, foreign businesses tend to focus on marketing and advertising campaigns, they have to spend a huge amount of money on advertising to attract customers and enhance their brand awareness. Moreover, almost all the packaging of imported products are designed delicately, so people are easy to trust the quality of the commodities.
Nevertheless, there are also a variety of solutions to mitigate this trend.
One of the best measures is that financial support should be given to local food companies, so they have enough financial ability to spend on marketing and advertising to reach more potential customers.
It is clear that raising people’s awareness of the serious consequence of distinguishing the origin of goods plays an important role to tackle this issue. Domestic corporations should hold workshops on their products, when they are fully aware of this, they would have faith enough to consume these products.
In conclusion, although favoring buying products that are manufactured abroad can cause a whole host of social problems, there are still many practical solutions to solve this issue.