Modern technology has made it easier for individuals to download copyrighted music and books from the internet for no charge To what extent is this a positive or negative development

Modern technology has made it easier for individuals to download copyrighted music and books from the internet for no charge.
To what extent is this a positive or negative development?

Technology developed in recent years has created a significant impact on the way copyrighted music and books are shared. The internet enables completely free access to both. I believe that this development is a negative evolution despite of some benefits.
Undoubtedly, this advancement has brought benefits for the public. Thank to this, people can entertain and expand their knowledge. There are many free textbooks as pdf or audio as well as music that anyone can download and enjoy. Due to no cost involved and easy access, the number of readers has increased. Besides, most copyrighted music and book are good, so being able to download them for no charge is very helpful. For example, when students need to search for data for scientific research and these information is contained in copyrighted books, free downloading will be very convenient and economical.
However, this is a very negative development. Firstly, downloading books and music without paying is morally wrong – it is, after all, a form of stealing. Secondly, the owners will suffer financially because people would no longer buy their works. Piracy not only affects the producers but every single person who works in the industry. Copyright infringement literally snatches the bread of hundreds of workers who worked their fingers to bones to create these music, videos and books. For example, if a good book can be easily downloaded for free from the Internet, more people will not need to buy it, and this affects not only the author but also the bookstores that distribute the book because of the decrease in sales volume.
In conclusion, I agree that this progress brings us convenience but it is still a negative development that we consider as a last resort. Morally, we must understand the positive side doesn’t outweigh the negative side.