Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste

Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement. To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.

We human-beings thrive in this world primarily because of our intelligence. Still, it is quite saddening to see the way we are treating our planet, environment is dramatically transforming to a extreme point from where it would be impossible to turn it back to its original state. Some people say that the waste from homes is not recycled enough, and adds that the only possible way to elevate it is to legalize it by governments. I stronly agree with this contention for two reasons.

Firstly, "The world is full of educated derelicts" – Calvin Coolidge, even though there was a debate, a couple of decades ago about climate change being a hoax, at present it is proved scientifically that it is a fact that climate is going through a drastic transformation. Still, as the saying of Calvin goes, we are not actively doing anything to reduce the transformation. Almost, each year there would be a conference about climate change where most of the countries pledge to something about climate change, but ends up doing almost next to nothing. For example, Canada pledged an eclectic strategies against climate change, but also they are funding money to construct a mammoth new pipeline for oil from the Northern states which will be deleterious to climate. Then, France who also pleaded to take actions against this problem did not do a single thing. So, atleast recyling home wastes is the least people can do. Even, this small efforts are going in vain, as most people are either too lazy or do not care about the environment. Thus, governemnt should take steps to encourage people to recycle.

Secondly, government should implement a penalty or tax if people do not recycle their waste. This should be implemented all over the world. This tax or penalty should work, as most people are more concious to do something when money is involved. For example, there was a huge problem in USA when people started to park their cars in any empty space on roads that they could find which led to congestion. Hence, the rule was sanctioned to give tickets/penalties to people who parked on non parking spots. Another example is, Sweden started to put a price/penalty on people who used fossil based cars, and gave subsidies to people who used electric cars. After 10 years, the number of people using fossil fueled car plummeted, and the number of electric cars being in use sky-rocketed. As this penalty worked marvelously before, this should also work in case of home wastes being recycled.

In conclusion, governments should make more and more legal laws to make people recycle their homes waste. They should sanction tax or penalties to make people pay up when they fail to recycle, and use this money for the environment,