Some people say that it is possible for a country to be both economically successful and have a clean environment Others disagree Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people say that it is possible for a country to be both economically successful and have a clean environment. Others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Sustainable development is a difficult task to most countries. Although there are opponents to the idea of the co-existence of economic development and environmental conservation, I would argue that this target can be attained if there are some suitable approaches.
On the one hand, many people who claim that sustainable development is unfeasible base their opinion on the fact that to become economically successful, it is inevitable that most countries will go through the process of industrialization. This means that manufactures are predisposed to exploiting finite resources, generating harmful emissions that pollute the air and creating hazardous waste that contaminate water supplies. Besides, commercial logging will become more widespread and battery farming will make agriculture unsustainable. In addition, the cost of maintaining a healthy environment and a sustainable economy is believed to surpass that of industrial production. Therefore, securing the simultaneity will be unbeneficial and unprofitable to most manufactures. For these reasons, many people believe environmental problems will become a full-blown crisis and that no conservation actions solve these far-reaching consequences.
On the other hand, advocates of the co-existence of a thriving economy and a clean environment have different viewpoints to the problem. Firstly, They believe that when an industry thrives to a certain extent, other sustainability achievements may be possible. For example, a number of developed countries have mobilized their citizens to switch to hybrid car running on electricity to reduce carbon dioxide – a greenhouse emission which depletes the ozone layer. Secondly, as the world is more aware of ecological conservation, environmental violation is not tolerated. As a result, industrial enterprises will have to strictly follow environmental protection regulations to receive support from local residents and the governments. In the case of Formosa, one of the biggest worldwide steel manufactures, myriads of protests have been witnessed against this company due to its release of extremely hazardous contaminants into the sea.
To conclude, though the question of whether a clean environment and a prosperous economy can co-exist remains controversial, I am in favor of the opinion that simultaneity of the two is feasible.