Nowadays people waste a lot of food that was bought from shops and restaurants Why do you think people waste food What can be done to reduce the amount of food they throw away

Nowadays people waste a lot of food that was bought from shops and restaurants. Why do you think people waste food? What can be done to reduce the amount of food they throw away?

The lack of proper rules against wasting food and lack of awareness of the consequences of wasting food are the main reasons for a significant amount of food going to waste these days. This wastage can be reduced by employing proper regulations and awareness among people.

To begin, absence of any stringent regulations against wasting food creates gives people the opportunity to overbuy their meals, since they do not have to suffer the consequence of wasting the excess. They feel that throwing away food is not harming them in any way and they are not liable for the consequences. This sense of freedom is increasing the amount of food waste more. Another reason for such kind of wastes is lack of awareness among people. Due to lack of awareness, people cannot apprehend the suffering of the homeless and impoverished people who cannot even buy one meal per day while the rich are wasting food. Moreover, they do not realize the hard work that goes behind the preparation of each meal, from production of raw material to cooking the entire meal.

First and foremost, strict rules should be enforced in every restaurant and shops, where people wasting food over a certain threshold will be liable to pay a huge amount of fine. These kinds of fines will discourage people from ordering any meal that is in excess of need. Secondly, social media is a great platform to preach awareness about the repercussions of wasting food. If people are properly communicated about the consequences such as – their habit of wasting food is affecting the poor and needy from having a single meal per day, their habit of overordering more than they need and wasting leftovers is disrespecting the hard work that goes behind farming the food materials, they will think twice before wasting any food from the next time. And even if they after being cautious of their orders, people end up having left overs, they will donate these leftovers to the needy.

To conclude, employing proper rules and regulations and properly informing people of the consequences of wasting food will motivate them to reduce food waste and donate any leftover.