People who acquire more than one skill are more likely to succeed.

China has a saying that" people who know everything know nothing". However, to me, the fact is the opposite. Nowadays, evidence is accumulating that people who try to acquire more than one skill are more likely to succeed than those who focus on one skill, because those versatile wits are more adaptable, more industrious and thus more prosperous. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

First of all, people who possess various skills are more adaptable in working, especially when confronted with troubles. Since they have more skills, they are able to deal with the diverse problems with the most suitable solution. Take my classmate Kate as an example. We both majored in International Trading when we were students in university. However, the difference between she and I was that she also minored in Spanish. Such choice was beyond me. Because at that time no one spoke in it, no one wrote in it and let alone take trouble to learn it. No one was willing to spent time on the language people thought useless. Yet, amazingly, we would have never expected that Spanish become the most popular language in 10 years. Last week, a client from Spain picked out one of our product and wanted to consult with me. Unfortunately, although I was skillful in selling our products, I was not capable to present the good quality of it in Spanish. Hoping not to lose such huge and potential customer, I turned to Kate for help. She used her fluent Spanish to depict an attractive picture of our products and soon this client placed a big order. Thanks to her Spanish language, Kate is promoted to be a manager while I am still a seller. Compared to me, Kate is obviously much more successful.

Secondly, those people who acquire more skills are more likely to challenge themselves. They have more passion and more motivation to enrich them. In a new study, researchers found that people who possess various skills are more ambitious. Researchers randomly picked up 40 volunteers aged from 18 to 40. 20 of them only know English while the rest know more than one language. After tracking these volunteers for 18 months, researchers surprisingly found that those who know more than one language have one habit in common. They are more likely to keep up with new knowledge. All of them spend at least 3 hours in reading so as to broaden their horizon. However, those who possess only one language seem to remain where they were before. They refuse to improve themselves. Gradually, they are eliminated by the constantly changing society.

Moreover, story of those great men tells us that those who are skilled in various fields are more closed to success. As you see, Da Vinci is not only a painter but also a mathematician. He applied math in figuring out the perfect proportion to depict the subjects so that the entire masterpiece he painted are so realistic. He created a new art style. Besides, take Einstein as an example. He is familiar to us as a scientist but few of us know that he is also gifted in music. He is also a talented violinist. Whenever he is caught in difficulties, he will play violin to relax himself. As a result, he is one of the greatest thinkers of the 20th century.

To draw a conclusion, people who try to acquire more than one skill are more likely to success.

examples could be shorter.