The comparison between reading books from computer screens and paper books

The comparison between reading books from computer screens and paper books.

The reading passage expresses the usage of mobile phones or computer screen for reading purposes as being harmful for people for several reasons. However the lecturer refutes this ideas by siting the benefits of this activity.
First of all, the passage states that people reading books or any type of information on screens will decrease their critical thinking ability as they do not fact check the all the details given there. Thus, they may be deceived and have wrong ideas about certain things. However, the lecturer points out that even reading the information on paper format would not be the most intelligent thing to do as the book itself is only limited to the viewpoint of one person – the author.
Secondly, it is written in the passage that staring at the screens can negative impact on the overall health of the person. For example, it can create brain damage or cataract. On the contrary, the lecturer puts forward the idea that these diseases can happen while reading the paper book too. What is required from a person is to take regular breaks and adjust the computer screen so as to make it more convenient to the eye.
Lastly, the passage assumes that using computer and mobile phones may limit the people’s social communication abilities. Regardless, the lecturer states many useful functions of mobile phones for improving the communication between people.