Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they differ from specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss acute stress. The article states it is a survival mechanism for our body. However, the lecture differs from specific points made in the reading passage. The professor says that some researches showed there are some problem in experimenting acute stress.

The first point the professor makes is there is a difference between man and woman in experiencing it. She elaborates the man tries to fight against another man and woman tends to be friend. As an example she says the man argues with somebody or attacks somebody. This point differs from the point made in the reading. According to the article, our body gets adrenaline which provides the strength to fight or the speed to flee.

Furthermore, the professor points out one researcher showed what happens with the woman when somebody tells a joke. She explains that the woman starts cleaning the lab and makes coffee. This differs from the reading passage. According to the passage, the fight response is expressed as aggressive behavior.

Finally, the lecture states the woman’s body relies on hormones. As the speaker has it, the woman avoid fighting and helps other women. For instance, the woman looks for supporting other girls. This point differs from the reading’s key point. According to the article, the flight response causes humans to withdraw from situations where stress occurs.