TPO 40 integrated writing

TPO 40 integrated writing

While the passage holds the opinion that conditions on Venus makes it an inhospitable environment for heman presence, the lecture casts some doubts on pointed out statements and offers three arguments.

To begin with, the reading establishes that due to high atmospheric pressure in this planet's surface, the spacecraft which is landed on Venus surface has a high chance to be crushed within a short amount of time. However, the speaker opposes this assertion claiming that if the station floats on higher altitude, pressure is more bearable because the atmospheric pressure is nearly equal to earth there.

As well as that, the passage claims that lack of oxygen and water vapor which are crucial to human beings would demand regular supplement from the earth which is impractical. The lecture disputes this statement by demonstrating that presence of Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide means that plants can survive there so there are possibilities to obtain oxygen and water vapour without needing supplies from the earth.
Lastly, although the passage mentions that thick clouds fill the atmosphere blocking 60 percent of the sunlight from reaching the surface, the speaker refutes this claim by adding that if the station is floating 50 km above the ground it is situated in thinner layer of clouds and also, it can take advantage of the reflected sunlight from thick clouds to generate electrical energy using solar power.