In any situation progress requires discussion among people who have contrasting points of view Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In devel

In any situation, progress requires discussion among people who have contrasting
points of view.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the
statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and
supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or
might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

We all are aware of the saying "Words are sharper than swords" , which in fact is true. Think about all the important decisions taken till today and had resulted in
progress of the affected body, before 1990 India used to be a closed economy however after brief discussion and an economic disaster India opened the market to the world
since then there has been 1000% growth in India' s GDP. This was an outcome of people with varying opinion sitting together considering the consequence, pro and cons
of the effect this outcome will have. This essay provides an analysis of the positive impact of discussion among people with varying opinion.

All the successfull organisations currently functioning among us does not have 1 person leading them, they choose a bunch of people who sit toghether to discuss the ideas,
called board of directors. When we involve more than 1 person, we take into account more than 1 point of view, this impacts the overall quality of the decision. For
instance, if one has to decide which college to pick among the available options and only 1 person is consulted before making this decision who is inclinded towards
a certain college for personal reasons then the outcome will have the same inclination that the consulted person has. However, if more than 1 person is consulted then
the scenario is completely changed because more than 1 opinion is being presented and one can make a better and well-informed choice, which will result in landing
a better college.

On the other hand, it takes more time to come to a common consesus when more than 1 person is invovled. Prime example of this can be any democratic country, in the
parliament all the choosen leaders present there opinion representing variety of people, majority of the time they fail to formulate a common statement agreeable to all.
In fact, this causes unnecessary delay and hinders decision making capability of the country, but still democracy is widely followed and accepted because all of the
opnions are considered and the final output is always towards the progress of the country.

To sum it up, the delay invovled in decision making is worth the outcome. Progress may be slow but it is guaranteed with positive and negative side already being taken
care of which is not possible with just 1 opnion.