Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.

Spending at least one semester studying abroad for colleges and universities students seems attractive. It is a great move that colleges and universities require their students to take up a semester at a foreign country. In what follows the advantages of studying abroad for one semester are discussed.

The first advantage is that if students get this opportunity to study at better universities than their present university, they use a plenty of facilities such as different laboratories, various workshops, connecting to prominent professors and modern approaches. This causes students have more diversity of working and researching in their field of interest which anyone cannot get it in home country. Generally they are updated.

Secondly, students will experience an independent life without the presence of family members. They have to do anything themselves alone. Then, they will learn how to face with life problems and how to solve them. They should have a regular schedule to handle life. Also, they will see people with different cultures and attributes.

However, studying abroad needs high expenses. Admittedly, the university cannot cover expenses of all students. So, students have to pay the expenses for travel, stay and tuition fee of foreign university and they cannot concentrate on their studies and because of exchange rates between countries can be very much, an average student cannot pay it. Furthermore, studying abroad does not guarantee to improve academic skills. The education level of universities is very high in some counties. These universities provide a wide variety of educational and living requirements. Besides, job opportunities in great companies are available for everybody tries to find a job.

In conclusion, it should be left to students to decide what they want to do and what
is best for them. Making a general policy can limit their flexibility. As is clear, students who interested in gaining foreign positions can always apply independently.